You are hereBack to top
Unblocked: The Walls Come Tumbling Down (Paperback)
unBlocked: The Walls Come Tumbling Down is a book that was written to help cheerleaders, parents, and coaches understand and resolve the mental hurdles that occur in competitive cheerleading.
Many athletes allow mental blocks to define them, inhibiting their happiness and success within the sport of cheerleading. Jeff Benson explains how a mental block is just a hurdle in the life of an athlete and one that can be overcome with hard work, determination, and persistence.
Author Jeff Benson has designed the system laid out in this book to take anyone in the Triad, aka the athlete, parent and coach, through the process of resolving the athlete's mental blocks in a holistic approach.
TEN THINGS YOU'LL LEARN FROM THIS BOOK:
- How to correctly identify a mental block
- The difference between a fixed, growth and mixed mindset
- What self-talk is and which type you'll need to break through your mental block
- Teach you how self-awareness is the key to beginning to break through a mental block
- Identify whether someone is product or process focused and how that influences performance
- Proper goal setting using the MARS formula
- Learning to shift your mindset into dealing with the mental block with a holistic approach: Mind, Body, and Cheer Skills
- A detailed, 10-step strategy for getting over a mental block outside the gym
- A complimentary 6-step strategy, for getting over a mental block inside the gym
- Perhaps most importantly, a 3-pronged approach to preventing the relapse of your mental block
This book is frank and to the point, there is no fluff here but Jeff does an excellent job of speaking to you like you're his personal client. The author provides a detailed roadmap to clearing any mental block in a cheer athlete. The book is written in a way that speaks to the athlete, parent and coach so you can have a tailored learning experience.
unBlocked also offers multiple scenarios and stories to demonstrate the teachings within in the context of life and test your knowledge throughout the learning process. Much like Jeff's own cheer coaching strategy, he walks you through, incrementally, so that success is more probable and your results are quantifiable.
Read unBlocked: The Walls Come Tumbling Down by expert Sports Performance Coach, Jeff Benson today if you're searching for a solution to the sport's most challenging problem.
About the Author
Jeff Benson is the founder of Mind Body Cheer a sports performance company for competitive cheerleaders. Jeff began his journey into cheerleading after a successful competitive gymnastics career. For almost 20 years now, he has worked to motivate, encourage, and train young people to believe in themselves and their abilities. Jeff has a bachelors degree in physical education-teaching and a master's in counseling psychology. It is his goal to use sports as a way to garner confidence, self-efficacy, and character.